COVID-19 Clinic and Telehealth updates
Dear valued clients,
Firstly, we are thinking of all of you and send our best wishes as families, communities, states, and nations attempt to deal with the devastating and uncertain impacts of this virus. We encourage you to get as educated as you can about the virus and the transmission of the virus. The more you know, the more you can shift your everyday behaviours and routines to protect yourself, your family, and others in your community. Here is a good general resource about COVID-19 from the WHO and here is a good article for parents about talking to your kids about the COVID-19 virus.
General health and wellbeing
Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
- Wash your hands frequently – alcohol-based rub or soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing – at least 1 metre from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical advice immediately.
If you or someone you have been in contact with, has either; recently returned (within the last 2 weeks) from overseas travel, developed illness and symptoms – we encourage you to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
What's Changed at Tilegne Therapy?
Tilegne Therapy’s operations remain ongoing, but with added safety precautions. We have done the following in our response to COVID-19:
- Made many internal operational adjustments to maintain the majority of our normal operations.
- We are regularly sanitizing all toys and equipment after each use and incorporating stringent infection control and hand hygiene practices.
- For any in-clinic sessions, we have instituted a capacity maximum of 3-4 clients cap at any one time, to create more social distance between people.
- To ensure that there is no overcrowding of our facilities, please note that we have limited any accompanying person for appointments to 1 person per client. Any additional accompanying family members are kindly asked to seek other arrangements or to wait outside of clinic premises.
- Employees to self-report and isolate if they suspect or know that they have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19
- Advising our contracting organizations if any of our employees who have seen a participant of the organization and subsequently to advise if they have the virus
- Letting contracting organisations know with as much advance warning as possible of any potential inability to meet requests for services
In addition to these precautionary and risk management strategies, we are also offering opportunities for clients to undergo therapy sessions via Telehealth, a virtual platform that allows for off-site and long-distance therapy. See below for more information.
Tilegne Therapy is happy to announce that we are offering telehealth sessions. Kindly inform us of your wish to change your face-to-face sessions to teletherapy. Our therapists will assist you in setting up and guide you through the online platform for the sessions.
As needed, we’ll coordinate with your current therapists to ensure we are working in collaboration and supporting your continuation with them as things return to a more normal state over time.
As the global conditions continue to change daily, it’s a reminder that we need to band together to support each other and overcome the hurdles we’re facing.
We are here for you, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
Your team from Tilegne Therapy